Gout is a joint disease by disorders of purine metabolism in humans, which is derived from the destruction of the acid of the cell or reduces uric acid in the urine that increases uric acid in the blood. In normal individuals, blood uric acid level is from 3 to 5mg%. High blood uric acid level when the level is 7 mg%.
However, not every high blood uric acid is gout. If only high blood uric acid alone, only knows as hyperuricemia condition asymptomatic. Patients should be monitored for regular health, limit sugar in the daily diet, limit alcohol, reducing weight if overweight and strengthening exercise to prevent overweight.
When hyperuricemia condition causes negative consequences for the body, it is called gout. Immediate consequences of the disease cause the session level gout arthritis. However, at an early stage, the inflammation stage usually does not last long, it is irregular and very easy to cure. If the disease is not treated properly and fully, arthritis episodes will appear more often, longer, harder and long-term consequences of the disease such as lumps around joints, stiffness, deformity, disability, urinary system stones, impaired renal function, this is the main reasons reduce the lifespan of the patient.
Gout is a joint disease by metabolic disorders, so gout patients are often overweight and suffering from one or more of atherosclerotic disease like- arteries, lipid metabolism disorders, diabetes, dyslipidemia, hypertension, coronary artery disease, cerebrovascular disease, etc. In other words, a patient with the aforementioned disease is very vulnerable gout.
With the current understanding of gout, with the media and existing medicines. Gout is considered easy to diagnose disease, and possible treatment can achieve good results.
This is the causes of increasing uric acid:
A disease associated with genetic factors and the location, these patients have the endogenous purine synthesis. This is also the main cause of the disease.
Uric acid in the blood may increase by the following reasons:
– Due to consumption of foods containing purines (liver, heart, meat, fish, mushrooms, shrimp, crab), drinking alcohol and beer.
– Due to the body enhances endogenous purine degradation (destroy many organizations) related to hematological diseases such as polycythemia, leukemia marrow, Hodgkin, sarcoma lymphoma, multiple myeloma, or by using drugs to treat malignant diseases.
– Due to decreased excretion of uric acid by the kidneys: chronic nephritis, kidney failure makes the process reduced uric acid excretion and retention disease.
The role of uric acid in arthritis
In gout disease, urate crystals are deposited in monoscopic synovium and they will cause a series of reactions:
– The activity of Hageman factor spot thereby stimulating the inflammatory substances and kallikrein gene Kininogen become kallikrein-kinin and cause inflammation in the synovial membrane.
– The inflammatory reaction, leukocytes will focus next phagocytic leukocytes of urate crystals of the enzyme and the liberation of leukocytes (lysozyme). These enzymes are also a very strong inflammatory agent.
– Inflammation of the synovium will increase metabolism, born much lactic acid in place and lower the pH, urate deposition and inflammation in it is a continuous closed loop, inflammation lasts. Therefore, the fact that the two kinds of gout disease: Fitness acute gout, inflammatory processes go on in a short time and then terminated, or recurred. The chronic gout is deposition process and prolonged, acute manifestation will continue to develop without pause.