Vanilla is known as a kind of the essential flavor that is added to so many dishes. Normally, because vanilla is only used to create the aroma of food, it can be hard for you to identify the appearance of this ingredient in dishes when eating. However, you can feel precisely the smell and taste of vanilla in the vanilla ice cream. Vanilla is the flavor of the mellowness and sweetness as its gentle name.
Therefore, the vanilla-flavored ice cream often appears on the list of favorite ice creams of many people. When enjoying this kind of ice cream, the top of your tongue can immediately feel all flavors of vanilla. Due to the simple way to make it, you can do it yourself to make sure that vanilla ice-cream is not too sweet or too greasy. Let try doing as the instruction in the following recipe to have the flavorsome vanilla ice-cream.
- 220 milliliters of whipping cream
- 80 milliliters of sweetened condensed milk
- 50 milliliters of unsweetened fresh milk
- 50 grams of sugar (it can be customized depending on you)
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla (1 tube of vanilla powder)
However, it would be better for you to make the prior to use vanilla in liquid form to make this kind of ice cream aromatic and tasty.
The instructions to make vanilla- flavored ice-cream:
Step 1: Whipping cream:
- Putting a mixing bowl and a box of whipping cream into the freezer of the refrigerator and storing them about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Taking them out and start whipping cream.
- Putting a bare amount of whipping cream into the mixing bowl.
- Using the beater to whip at the slow to fast speed until the cream becomes thick with the appearance of some veins on it.
Notes: If the tip of the whipping cream has not melted, it means that the cream you have just whipped meets the requirements. In the case that the cream is still melting, you should beat cream continuously at the fast speed about 5 to 10 seconds. Also, you should not whip the cream with the excessive force to avoid the dehydration.
Step 2: Making the vanilla- flavored ice-cream:
- Adding ½ tablespoon into the whipping cream.
- Putting the prepared amount of sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened fresh milk into this mixture and using a spatula to scramble from the bottom up as the method called Fold.
Notes: In this step, it would be better if you do slowly and gently.
Step 3: Making the cream soft and flavorsome.
- Putting the ice-cream into a box with a lid and then covering tightly and storing in the freezer about 30 minutes.
- Taking the box of ice-cream out and using a spatula or a spoon to scramble it again and then covering tightly and storing in the freezer about 45 more minutes.
- Continuously taking it out and scrambling as the previous acts.
Notes: The more you scramble the ice-cream, the softer and the more spongy it is. After 3 times of scrambling ice-cream repetitively, it is sure that the vanilla ice-cream will get the softness and deliciousness.
So, we have made the flavorsome vanilla ice-cream. Actually, there are two main steps for you to follow and make it. The instructions for making the ice- cream soft are in the extra step to get the flavors and attraction for it. If you find this step difficult and time-consuming to do, it can be skipped.
Good luck to you!